As easy as Apple Pie
- 675 g cooking Apples
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 100g caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- Lightly beaten eggs
- 25g Butter
- 675g shortcrust pastry
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
Let’s do it, let’s market ourselves!
2. Quarter, core and peel the apples, then slice them thickly into a bowl.
Prepare your marketing plan.
3. Sprinkle apples with the lemon zest, juice and the cinnamon. Stir in the sugar and mix well.
Get some great content – what you say and how you say it, is a key ingredient to success!
4. Roll out the pastry until it’s large enough to cover the top of the dish and lay over the fruit mixture, tucking the edges into the fruit.
Put it all together…. get a great design, this is the other important ingredient in your recipe. It has to be eye catching and reflect the flavour of your company.
5. Decorate pie lid with any off cuts of pastry and brush with beaten egg yolks to create a glaze. Then generously sprinkle with sugar.
Execute – Go live, get it printed or set it up…..nearly there!
6. Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until pastry is golden.
Get it out there, it’s all about exposure!
8. Allow pie to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Be patient, let the marketing do it’s work.
Serve with double cream or ice-cream and enjoy!
Woohoo, sales, sales, sales!!!!